ComPart Multimedia today introduces ItalyGuides: Florence Travel Guide 1.3 for iPhone, the third in their series of internationally acclaimed audio/video travel guides.
ItalyGuides has sought to reinvent the stale, academic, audio guide, and replace it with a new, cinema inspired app featuring a filmic musical score, professional narration, creative scripting, and dramatic still photos and videos. It presents 54 different points of interest in Florence, and includes over 200 images and maps.
Rome, Italy - ComPart Multimedia, srl, is pleased to announce ItalyGuides: Florence Travel Guide for iPhone, the third in their series of award-winning, internationally acclaimed audio/video travel guides.
ItalyGuides has sought to reinvent the stale, academic, audio guide, and replace it with a new, cinema inspired app featuring a filmic musical score, professional narration, creative scripting, and dramatic still and video images. The app guides the user through 54 different points of interest in Florence, and includes more than 200 images and maps.
"These are not just ordinary travel guides, these are the beginning of a mysterious and fascinating trip: a voyage across more than 20 centuries of creativity through which art and history intertwine, telling the story of what human ingenuity has created through the ages" asserted Leonardo Calandra of ComPart Multimedia.
ItalyGuides: Florence Travel Guide opens and operates in portrait mode. Its elegant GUI is based on an Italian marble motif, and features simple navigation that provides many paths to the same destination.
The main page features three navigational mode buttons on top, four function buttons along the bottom, and a scrolling list of places of interest in the main part of the screen. The armchair traveler or actual tourist may choose from three navigational categories: Route (19 primary points of interest along a continuous travel route); Alphabetical (the same 19 listed alphabetically); and Top Places (the 19 listed in approximate order of importance and popularity).
Each listing includes one or more short videos, text, or audio narration. Some branch into sub-listings, where there are several things to see at one POI.
The app's four function buttons include:
List (scrolled listings), Map (a detailed, scrollable map of Florence highlighting landmarks and historical sites), Travel Tips (a 10-minute video presenting "Florence in a Nutshell"), and the ItalyGuides button that takes the user to the company's main website.
The app has been optimized for use with the high resolution Retina displays on the latest iPhone and iPod touch, and it is recommended that the user wear earphones while using the app in Florence.
- Beautiful maps of the city and main sites
- 54 Points of Interest with audio tracks (120 minutes)
- Photo gallery with over 198 high quality images
- Video travel guide about tourist attractions and useful travel advice (10 minutes)
- Supports Retina display of iPhone 4 and iPod touch (4th generation)
Major Points of Interest:
- Accademia Gallery - a hidden treasure chest containing the original David... and much more
- Piazza della Signoria - Florence's main piazza, seat of civil life and heart of social life
- Basilica of Santa Croce - a symbol of the city, a place where artists meet, even after death
- Basilica of San Lorenzo - a gaunt, medieval facade on what is perhaps the city's oldest church
- Piazza del Duomo - its huge presence dominates the piazza in a whirlwind of form and color
- Loggia del Mercato Nuovo - an area famous for its shopping; don't forget to give a coin to the piglet
- The Medici Chapels - grandiose Renaissance architecture for the Medici family's final voyage
- Ponte Vecchio - one of the most famous and romantic places in the world
- The Uffizi Gallery - a superb collection of inestimable works of art in a marvelous palace
- The Bargello - Michelangelo, Donatello and many others in a splendid medieval palace
- Santa Maria Novella - the thrill of being welcomed by the splendid basilica and its masterpieces
- Pitti Palace - an immense, luxurious royal residence built to compete with the Medicis
- The Boboli Gardens - a green oasis, a place to relax, surrounded by art and beauty
- Casa di Dante Museum - hidden in the historic center, the home of the great medieval poet
- Orsanmichele - discover the Medieval church that was once a grain exchange
- Spedale degli Innocenti - perhaps the first true example of Renaissance architecture
- Piazza della Repubblica - since Roman times, this has been the crossroads of the city's main streets
- Piazzale Michelangelo - the best and most impressive view of the city of Florence
- San Miniato al Monte - one of the most beautiful examples of Romanic architecture in Tuscany
ItalyGuides has received considerable recognition and international awards, and has been featured in such magazines and TV shows as: The Oprah Winfrey Show, BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation), UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), Venice department of the Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage, RAI (Radio Televisione Italiana), RSI (Swiss public Television), Yahoo!, El Pais, and El Mundo..
Our goal in creating ItalyGuides: Florence Travel Guide, was to do justice to this magnificent city, and to use the power of the iPhone/iPod and its Retina display to the fullest. I believe anyone who uses our app will agree with us, that we have succeeded.
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- iOS 3.1 or later (iOS 4.3 tested)
- 351 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ItalyGuides: Florence Travel Guide is $6.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category. Florence Travel Guide is available also as an audio guide for any iPod or MP3 players from iTunes Music Store and Amazon.
Review copies are available upon request.
Headquartered in beautiful and historic Rome, Italy, ComPart Multimedia srl is a privately held company founded in 1994 by Leonardo Calandra. Embracing a longtime investment in the development and knowledge of the Italian cultural heritage, ItalyGuides is known worldwide for its unique and interactive travel guides for architectural discovery. Copyright (C) 1994-2011 ItalyGuides and ComPart Multimedia srl. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Copyright (C) 1994-2011 ComPart Multimedia srl.
ComPart Multimedia S.r.l.
Via delle Cave, 105 - 00181 Roma
Ph. (+39) 06 783.46.971 - 06 783.95.917
ItalyGuides: Florence Travel Guide 1.3.1: